Monday, March 15, 2010

Competition

Today I recieved many electronic mailings partaining to Donna Simpson, the 42 year old New Jersey mother who is eating diligantly to become the fattest woman in America. Thank you to those who have brought her story to my attention, for I must comment. When I first read about Ms. Simpson's persuits I became overwhelmed with jealously. Here was a woman twice my age, twice my size, doing everything I want to be doing, and doing it butter. Her calorie intake numbers are astonishing. 12,000 calories a day. And her goal is currently 1,000 pounds. Am I fooling myself to belive that I can hit 470 on a mere 4,000 calories every 24 hours? Ms. Simpson has also utilized technology to her advantage: movement is taken care of by a motorized scooter, and her food bill is fork fed by a group of generous male patrons who pay to watch her eat via webcam feed.

After a 50 oz roast beef sandwhich to calm me down, I realized that Ms. Simpson is not my enemy, she is not my competition, she is an inspiration. This is no Butter Battle Book. She is living the dream. And we are in it together. Ms. Simpson lit a fire under my rapidly proofed and rising bottom. I need to be as focused and determined as she is. I quit my job. I'm writing letters to companies for sponsorship, but I need to do more.

And to start, I must confess. The day before yesterday, I lost a bitter struggle with my will power and lost. I ate a carrot. I know what you're thinking. I am ashamed for the both of us. These kinds of slip ups will not keep the pounds rolling on. As I was chomping down on the vitamin A and fibre rich beast, I questioned my whole reasoning behind Fill This Bed. Is it worth it? Do I need to be 300 pounds heavier to make my queensized bed worth sleeping in? I reached my answer after some soul searching and a dozen Cadbury Creme Eggs. Yes. Of course its worth it. I have never been as happy as the night, while laying on my stomach, I felt myself lifted higher off the mattress than ever before.

Its all worth it. No more carrots. No more skimping on mayo. No more Lites or Nons or Diet stuffs. That part of my life is over and done. Its one Fruit by the Foot in front of the other. Ms. Simpson, you and I will scoot hand in plump hand into the future of our lives. The rich buttery future. Tomorrow is a new day. More specifically, Chicken Patty Day.

Special thanksgiving to Liz and David for sending me the story.  Source

Weight: 210

1 comment:

  1. "...and doing it BUTTER"? Is that a typo or a Freudian slip?

    ReplyDelete